CECIL DE MILLE WILL LECTURE HERE TUESDAY

FILM SOCIETY SPONSORS TALK IN NEW LECTURE HALL

Cecil B. DeMille, pioneer motion picture producer, will speak on "My Twenty-five Years in the Movies" in the New Lecture hall on Tuesday evening at 8 o'clock. The lecture is under the auspices of the Film Society, and will be open without charge to all Undergraduates as well as other members of the Film Society.

His most famous religious spectacles have been "King of Kings," "Ten Commandments," and "Sign of the Cross." But more lately he has turned to extolling the American scene, as in "The Plainsman" and the more recent "Bucaneer."

The Film Society is a non-profit organization founded in 1936 with the object of showing to the University all the American and European films of interest since the beginning of the movie industry. At present it is headed by T. Edward Ross '38, and is sponsored by distinguished Faculty members, the Fogg Museum, and others.

The regular showing of the Society scheduled for Tuesday evening, including two early German films, has been postponed until Wednesday evening.