$300 REWARD OUT FOR INFORMATION IN PEABODY ROBBERY

Inspectors to Watch All Pawn Shops In Cambridge and Boston for Stolen Art Objects

After an accurate inventory showed that, archaeologically speaking, the Peabody Museum lost approximately $3000 in the robbery last Friday, Museum officials last night announced that the insurance company has offered a reward of $300 for information leading to the apprehension of the thief or thieves.

From a saleable standpoint, however, officials observed that the gold content of the objects stolen would amount to only $200 at the most.

The investigation of the robbery is proceeding under the direction of Charles R. Apted '06, Superintendent of Caretakers. Police inspectors will keep a thorough watch on all pawn shops in Cambridge and Boston, Apted revealed.

Double Crocodile Missing

Most valuable as archaeological specimens were a gold double crocodile pendant with four dogs attached, a gold head band, a heavy gold arm band, and an elaborate gold necklace. A carved manatee with gold overlay representing a bat god was also considered an important loss.

No less than three strings of beads were taken, including one string of 300 small beads, one string of 400 medium-sized beads, and one string of 17 large tubular beads.

"We Think it Was A Frog"

Other objects missing from the "jimmied" showcases on a third-floor room of the museum include three gold nose rings, two gold ear spools, two gold head crests, two gold strips to be sewn on clothing, two gold bird's heads, two miniature gold arm bands, two frog-shaped ornaments, two gold disks, and two other nondescript gold ornaments.

A gold nose clip and a strange gold effigy ornament complete the list of things lost. Asked about the latter article, a museum spokesman declared, "We think it was a frog, at least the catalogue says so, but we have forgotten about it."