Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Collections and Critiques

The annual series of Charles Eliot Norton Lecturers will be given this year by one of the most eminent writers on modern architecture, Dr. Siegfried Gidion.

He is a Swiss, and was trained as an engineer, but after taking his diploma he turned to the history of art and received his Doctor's degree. He has travelled throughout Europe, making investigations of the fundamental sources of all building problems, especially the social developments that have followed the introduction of the machine.

He is an eminent scholar, the author of a book on Late Baroque and Roman Classicism. Since then he has written "Bauen in Frankreich, in Elison, in Eisenbeton" and "Bauen and Wohnen." For the last three years he has been writing a study of the whole social background of modern times in relation to modern trends in building.

Dr. Gidion's lectures will be given in English, at 8.30 o'clock on Tuesdays, in the Fogg Museum, and will be open to the public. The titles and dates are: The Role of History Today, Nov. 15. Architectural Inheritance: Early Renaissance and Late Baroque, Nov. 22. Architectural Inheritance: The Organization of the Outer Space, Nov. 29; New Potentialities: Iron the New Material, Dec. 6; New Potentialities: Architecture and Construction, Dec. 18.