Eliot House Soon Be Closed Due to Complaints

Declared A Nuisance Because Of Noise, Smell, General Disturbance, And Disorderly Conduct--Student Council Is Conducting Investigation In Search Of Solution

With numerous complaints made against the conduct of students using it, there is a definite possibility that the Eliot House Grill will be closed in the very near future, it was learned from college officials.

Popular eating place of many Undergraduates, who are there able to charge food and beer on their term bills, the use of the Grill has caused much trouble in Eliot House, it was explained. Of these noise, smell and general disturbances were rated as the most important.

Groups of students emerging from eating or beer parties there have shown a tendency to stand about in the Eliot courtyard carrying on conversations in loud voices, with resulting disturbance to all those living in the vicinity. It was further said that the disorderly conduct both in the grill and outside in the court reached the point where some action was felt necessary.

It is understood that the grill is doomed unless strong undergraduate opinion is formed to prevent its misuse. The matter has been laid before the Student Council, college officials said, where an investigation is being conducted to attempt to offer a solution to the problem.