Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Gardella Changed to Wingback On Eve of West Point Struggle

Passing Attack Functions in High Gear in Preparation for Tomorrow

One of the most startling position shifts of the 1938 football season occurred yesterday afternoon, when head coach Dick Harlow placed Joe Gardella, third-string bucking back, as a wingback on team "B".

Ace of last year's Yardling backfield, Gardella showed Saturday against Cornell that he was the top-ranking Crimson defensive back. He has been out of three days practice this week with a cold but returned yesterday to try out his new wing position. A shifty, hard-driver runner, he is slated to give Torby Macdonald more competition than the "Flash" has encountered so far.

Coach Harlow emphasized, however, that the shift may be only temporary, if Macdonald and the other backs improve defensively. In any case, Harlow has shown by the change that be considers big Big Smith and Mike Cohenable to handle the bucking position alone.

Yesterday's practice was one of the most impressive so far this season, and the passing attack which will undoubtedly be the spearhead of tomorrow's offense against the Cadets, was functioning in high gear.