KEITH APPOINTED RED BOOK CHIEF FOR CLASS OF '42

Chairman to Name Business Manager This Week; Competitions for Boards To Start Later

Engene Dickson Keith was yesterday names as Chairman of the Freshman Red Book by a Student Council Committee composed of Douglas Mercer '40 and Langdon P. Marvin, Jr. '41.

The new chairman lives in Weld Hall, is a resident of Richmond, Kentucky, and attended Choate. Participating in his appointment were Kendric N. Marshall '26, Secretary of the Union in charge of Freshmen, and Dean Bowditch.

No Plans As Yet

Informed of the appointment yesterday, Keith said he had no specific plans as yet for the organization of the book. This noon he will have lunch with John F. Brooks '41, last year's Chairman, in order to find out the nature of his duties.

Keith said that he hopes to appoint the Business manager by the end of the week. Competitions for the various boards will follow.

Register to Appear in November

The register, which contains pictures and biographies of the individual Freshmen, will appear, as in the past two years, sometime in November. The Red Book itself is published in May.

Although the pictures have been taken, Keith said "there is undoubtedly a lot to be done in the way of advertising and subscriptions."