HARLOW HAS TEAM HOLD SCRIMMAGE

First Full-Speed Contact Work Since Week Before Cornell Game

By Cleveland Amory

For the first time since before the Cornell game, head coach Dick Darlow drove his Varsity squad through a full-speed scrimmage yesterday afternoon. Only player withhold from contact work was right guard Dave Glueek, but he will be o.k. for Saturday, thus giving Harlow his first full squad since the year began.

The scrimmage lasted 40 minutes, with "A" running through their offensive repertoire against the first J. V. eleven and "B" doing the same to the "C" team. Both "A" and "B" rolled up their opposition in good style, with the "B" line stealing group honors. Kicking, passing, and some razzie-dazzie was included in the maneuvering.

Ends Bob Green and Win Jameson, tackles Tom Healey and Ken Booth, guards Nick Mellen and Bill Coloman, and backs Cliff Wilson, Frank Foley, Torby MacDonald, and Joe Gardella made up the "A's". The "B" boys included ends Gene Lovett and Don Daughters, tackles George Downing and Mose Hallett, guards Don Lowry and Tony Staruski, and backs Chief Boston, Austie Harding, Bob Burnett, and Ben Smith (alternating with Mike Cohen).

Bengal Beef

Harlow's Princeton scouts have given him the usual, "Princeton will be tough," Wes Fesler and Lyal Clark did the spy work , and they left the Navy game Saturday rather definitely impressed with the size of the Bengal line. All seven of the line are over six feet, with left tackle Tierney weighing 226 and left guard Horring tipping 236.

This scouting stuff, by the way, is really something. Harlow likes only two or three scouts, but some of the other colleges favor the mass angle Yale's Ducky Pond, for example, sends out a veritable mass of assorted coaches, undergraduates, and willing alumni. Last year he sent seven scouts to see Harvard play Princeton. At the Dartmouth game last Saturday it was rumored that he had seven spies on the Green and an equal number for the Crimson. That brings up the ticket problem, but we shall save that for another discussion.