PURITANS WIN 26 TO 0; DUDLEY TOPS DUNSTER

Winthrop Gridders Take Fourth by Slaughtering Eliot--Dudley Scores 6-0 Over Funsters

An Eliot eleven still staggering from the effects of a 26-0 beating from Adams last Friday was massacred again yesterday on Soldiers Field by a title bound Winthrop team by an even larger score, 28-0. A comparatively bloodless affair was the Dadley-Dunster game on the neighboring field, won by the Commuters 6-0, for their second straight victory.

The Elephants, entering the contest with four regulars sidelined, with injuries, were unable to offer any resistance to the flashy Puritans. Eliot received the kickoff, and after one running play. Winthrop halfback Rich Weller intercepted a pass and went forty yards for the first score.

In the second quarter fullback Johnny Butler whipped through tackle for the second Winthrop touchdown, scooting 50 yards to the line.

But Elephants never forget, and the memory of the first half mayhem was too much for the battered proboscides. Although Captain Bob Prario played an outstanding game backing up the Eliot line, stopped from crashing through for the third counter.

To vary matters, the next Winthrop points came on a safety from a blocked kick. The Puritan second team pushed over the last touchdown, Ed Hindle carrying.

The Dudley-Duster clash was much less sanguinary, with only one touchdown being registered. Although the Funsters, with Red Bailey toting, looked slightly more powerful throughout the game, Dudley managed to capitalize on its single scoring opportunity.

The Commuter touchdown came in the second quarter, after Joe Kaufman blocked a Dunster kick on the Funster 13. Dudley worked the ball down to the three yard marker for a first down, and then the Pioneers threw three line plays for losses. On the final down, Steve Silverman flicked a looping pass to Mel Avergun for the score.