Deacons Triumph is House Track Meet, Tallying 46 1-2 Points to Lowell's 31

Winthrop Trails in Third Place As Eliot Captures Fourth, Leverett Fifth

Kirkland ran away with yesterday's inter-House track meet on Soldiers Field, chalking up a total of 46 1/2 points to Lowell's 31, Winthrop's 13 1/2, Eliot's 13. Leverett, Dudley, and Adams lagged behind with seven, four, and three points apiece. There were 65 entries, six more than in last year's meet.

Although the Deacons only captured three firsts to tie Lowell's three, they piled up enough points in second and third places to outdistance the Bellboys. Eliot took first honors in the 100 yard dash and the mile run to complete theroster of first places, complete the roster of first places.

Blanket Finish in 100

The meet was not without blanket finishes despite the lopsided score. In the century Georgy Dana of Eliot barely edged out AI Blanchard of Winthrop and Dick Mudge of Kirkland, who tied for second; Dana's time was 10:6. It was another Elephant who provided the thrill in the mile, when Dinwiddle Smith forged in front coming down the home stretch to breast the tape in 5,25.4. Deacons Alan Manning and Hardy Phippen took second and third.

In the medley relay, consisting of two 440 laps, one 880, and one 1320 lap, a bellboy team of Tonkanow, Worman, Giveas, and Story came through for a win. Dencons Forbes, Baggerly, and Wntworth nosed out the Loverett trio in the high and low hurdle shuttle relay over a 100 yard stretch in 52.5.

Wentworth also anchored the Kirkland 220 yard relay team to victory in 1:41.8; McSweeney, Mudge, and Gray ran the first three legs.

In the field events, which were scored on a basis of a three man total in each event, Lowell took the broad jump and high jump, and Kirkland captured the shot.

Although the Deacons won the shot put with a team total of 122 feet 9 1/2 inches, Bellboys Dick Dyer and Bill Cushwa took individual honors with heaves of 43 feet 1/2 inches and 42 feet 4 inches respectively.

Hume of Lowell was long man in the broad jump at 18 feet 11 1/4 inches while his team total was 53 feet 8 1/2 inches, which is some leap for a Bellboy. Kirkland was second with 52 feet 5 inches. Larry Campbell of Kirkland topped the high jumpers with a leap of 5 feet 6 inches, but his team's total of 15 feet was two inches under the Lowell aggregation's combined efforts.