Tobin Named PBK First Marshal; Senior Sixteen Added to Chapter

New Men Represent 10 Fields of Concentration; History and Literature Has Three

James M. Tobin was elected First Marshal of Phi Beta Kappa for the class of 1939 at a meeting of the chapter in the Winthrop House Common Room. Second Marshal is Irving M. London. In addition to officers, the Junior Eight elected the Senior Sixteen last night.

Both the Marshals are residents of Lowell House. Tobin lives in Champaign, Illinois and London comes from Malden. The new First Marshal is on the Student Council, the Class Album Committee, the Guardian, and the Student Union. London is President of the Avukah Society and is a member of the Council of Government Concentrators and H. S. U.

10 Different Fields

The sixteen men added to the chapter represent 10 different fields of concentration. History and Literature with three lead. Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Government and Philosophy, and Sociology had two apiece, while there was one man in Mathematics, Philosophy, Economics, Government, and English.

The list of the Senior Sixteen with their college and home addresses follows: Jerome L. Abrams of Kirkland House and Long Branch, N. J.; Bernard Barber of Winthrop House and Cambridge; Albert K. Cohen of Roxbury; Ray S. Cline of Dunster House and Terre Haute, Indiana.

Rendigs T. Fels of Dunster House and Cincinnati, Ohio; Laurence S. Levy of Leverett House and Woodmere, Long Island; Richard W. B. Lewis of Kirkland and Philadelphia; Wells Lewis of Lowell House and New York; Richard M. Noyes of Kirkland House and Urbana, Illionis; Harry Pollard of Dorchester.

Lee Rosenberg of Eliot House and Cincinnati; Sidney D. Ross of Leverett and Lynn; Elliot L. Segall of Revere; Leon N. Satenstein of Malden; Paul P. Selvin of Leverett House and Hartford; and Richard H. Sullivan of Lowell House and Marietta, Ohio.