BOOTERS BEAT ELI 2-1; END SEASON UNDEFEATED

Mendel Scores Twice on Unbeaten Blue To Win League Title; Jayvees Win, But Yardlings Lose

Climaxing their most successful soccer season in a decade, the undefeated Crimson booters trampled upon Yale last Friday afternoon to the tune of 2 to 1 thereby annexing the New England Soccer League championship, and the Big Three title, while the Junior Varsity won 2 to 0.

Left wing Howie Mendel starved for the Crimson by scoring both goals in the Eli mud. Yale opened up in the first period when Erikson scored on a well placed corner kick which slipped into the goal through alert Put Williams.

Mendel scored his first goal early in the second period when a hard drive of about thirty yards plowed through the Yale goal. Soon after that Mendel chalked up the second goal by scoring on a brilliant pass from Rousmaniers.

The heretofore undefeated Eli kept the score down in the second half by a strong wall of defense headed by goal- ie Poole who resisted all onslaughts open the Eli goal by the hard driving Crimson forward line.

The Crimson booters peppered Yale with innumerable shots from all over the field during the third and fourth period while a penalty kick down on the Eli goal was miraculously saved by hard working goalie Poole.

Coach Carr's well coached eleven definitely proved that they were the strongest soccer contingent in the North east in the victory ever Yale. The most outstanding characteristic of the team was that each position from the goal to the forward line was filled by strong men who cooperated effectively.

The following on the Varsity won their major letters: Williams, Bradley, Hardenbergh, Edgar, Jacobson, Phillips, Johansen, Harnden, Page, Witkin, Mendel, Rousmaniere, Willetis, Hanford, Sennott, Scully, Ives, and Lewis