GROUP HOPES TO OPEN HARVARD TO REFUGEES

Five Committees Formed to Raise Funds For Living Expenses--Will Seek Tuition From University

As the nuclear organization of their drive to help refugees of the student and professional class, 35 College and Graduate School men formed five committees at a meeting in Lowell House Common Room last night.

At a meeting Thursday, in Winthrop House, the group had drawn up a plan whereby the University would be asked to provide tuition for students whom the organization would supply with room and board, and the Committees on Finance, Securing of Affidavits, Pressure, Publicity, and Coordination hope to see the plan realized.

The group unanimously nominated as treasurer Grenville Clark '03, Member of the Corporation, but he could not be reached last night for confirmation of acceptance. Three committees selected chairmen; they are: Robert E. Lane '39, Finance; Ernest M. Jandorf '41, Affidavits, David Epstein '41, Publicity. Frank S. Hopkins, Nieman Fellow from the Baltimore Sun, is a member of the Publicity Committee.

The Finance Committee was tentatively organized along House lines, with all the Houses and Halls, and the Freshman Yard represented, except Eliot and Winthrop. It was understood that members of the House Committees would be asked to participate in the drive.

The Coordinating Committee formed from the Executive Board or the five chairmen, will attempt to link the group with similar organizations, local and national.