FILM SOCIETY SHOWS "FOUR HORSEMEN" TODAY

MEMBERSHIP MUST BE PURCHASED TODAY FOR ADMITTANCE

"Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" will be shown tonight as the first film in this year's program of the Harvard Film Society. The picture will be presented in New Lecture Hall at 8 o'clock.

The "Four Horsemen" was produced in 1921 and was directed by Rex Ingram, who entered the field of spectacular motion pictures very shortly after Cecil B. DeMille's "Ten Commandments" appeared. "Scaramouche" and "The Magician" were other films directed by Ingram about this time. The "Four Horsemen" was made after the war novel of the same name published in 1918 by the Spanish author Vincente Blasco Ibanez. Rudolph Valentino, called the greatest cinematic drawing card of all time, plays the starring role.

Admittance will be open to associate members of the Film Society. Season membership, including admittance to the five other showings scheduled for the year, may be obtained this afternoon, up to 6:30 o'clock, from William W. Myrick '39, treasurer of the Society, at 20 Holyoke Street. From 7 to 8 o'clock it may be got at Phillips Brooks House. The cost for students is $1.00 and for others $2.00.

The next program will be on Monday, December 12, and will consist of three Western films: "The Great Train Robbery," "The Last Card," and "The Covered Wagon," produced in 1903, 1915, and 1923 respectively.

Harvard Film Society Committee:

Charles A. Meyer '39, Chairman, William W. Myrick '39, Secretary-Treasurer, Joseph R. Coolidge '38, Bruce Foster '39, Vinton Freedley, Jr., '40, William H. Glazier '39, Perry Keats '39, Benjamin B. Kirkland '39, John T. McCutcheon, Jr., '39, Augustus W. Soule, Jr. '40, Terry D. Thompson '40, David W. Prall, associate professor of Philosophy, Charles J. Olson assistant in English.