Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Nieman Fellows Joined to Houses As Contacts With Outside World

Ninth Will Be Attached Upon His Arrival in February--MacLeish Arranges Dinners

Bringing Faculty and students into closer contact with the outside world, eight of the Nieman Fellows, Harvard's only group of professionals, have been assigned to the Houses, it was announced yesterday.

The Fellows, who came here last fall under the sponsorship of the $1,000,000 Nieman Fund, will participate in the various House activities, attending dinners and meetings, assisting in the American History extra-curricular plan, making themselves as accessible as possible. Already they have helped instructors in classes and in tutorial conferences.

In turn, the newspapermen expect by this arrangement to become more intimate with members of the Faculty teaching in the fields in which they specialize. Thus, the eight have selected the House which best represents their interests.

Fellows and Houses

The Fellows and their Houses are: John McL. Clark, Washington Post editorial writer, to Dunster; Wesley Fuller, Boston Herald reporter, to Winthrop; Frank S. Hopkins, Baltimore Sun reporter, and Edwin A. Lahey, Chicago Daily News reporter, both to Adams; Hilary H. Lyons, editorial writer on the Mobile Press Register, to Leverett; Louis M. Lyons, Boston Globe reporter to Lowell; Edwin J. Paxton, Jr., editorial writer for the Paducah Sun-Democrat, to Eliot; and Osburn Zuber, chief editorial writer on the Birmingham News, to Kirkland.

The ninth Fellow, Irving Dilliard, editorial writer from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, will probably be assigned to a House when he reaches Cambridge in the second-half year.

In an effort to give them all the advantages that the University and Boston can offer, the Fellows have been provided with free memberships in the Faculty Club and guest memberships in the Harvard Club of Boston. In addition, Archibald MacLeish, Curator of the Nieman Collection of Contemporary Journalism has arranged 30 dinners throughout the year at which noted journalists will speak on off the record aspects of their profession.

They are not required to take exams and are ineligible for any sort of degree.