Polar Supporters Exercise in Snow On River's Bank

Swimmers Protest Interference Of Polar Club Dip; Walked Up to Square

In protest against the abrupt interruption by the metropolitan police of the first meeting of the Polar Bear Club, Lee A. Diamond '41, and Robert H. Davis '41, cold weather lovers, swam in the Charles River and walked up to Harvard Square for the exercise early last evening.

"Why can't we have our fun?" they indignantly exclaimed. "It is so terribly warm in our rooms since we have to keep our windows closed. We just went out to cool off and get some air."

The Arctic admirers caused consternation in the Square when they calmly walked into a cafeteria barefooted and with a pair of swimming trunks, but they faced the rabble bravely and went in to eat their daily portion of ice cream.

The Cambridge police stood by calmly, but one of the preservers of the law was heard to exclaim, "We have enough to do, without standing around watching millionaires' sons ride around in snappy cars and walk in the Square in their birthday suits."

Seven protests were received at the CRIMSON office concerning the unusual bathers. One of the protests was from an alleged member of the Cambridge Council who complained about the disgraceful action of the participants and said he would try to prosecute the offenders.

Dimond and Davis are strongly behind the proposed Polar Club. "There ought to be more students around here to enjoy the crisp winter air. After all, now that outdoor athletics have stopped and skiing is not convenient during the week, we all should enjoy the bracing Charles."