Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

New Coach Stahl Calls Early Practice To Start Baseball Battery Candidates

Innovates Session to Drill on Fundamentals, Look Over New Material

Floyd Stahl, new Varsity baseball coach from Ohio State, introduced an innovation into Crimson baseball annals yesterday by starting an early winter practice for pitchers and catchers. Last year's regular hurlers and several others who are expected to bolster the staff, as well as several catchers who need experience, have been asked to attend the practices.

By starting to work early, Stahl will be able to look over his material and got a line on what needs to be done, and especially to see what each pitcher has or needs to have developed. This session will last until Christmas vacation for three to four afternoons a week. The first general call for players will not be issued until after mid-year examinations.

In the last two or three seasons the nine has been noticeably weak in fundamentals, to such an extent often that it meant the difference between a win and a loss. For this reason it is expected that Stahl will drill his team constantly, and with such an early start many of the difficulties encountered in the pitchers and catchers last year should be well ironed out by the time the first game rolls around in early April.

With a nucleus of players from last year including Tom Healy and Slim Curtiss as pitchers, Bob Fulton, catcher, Lupe Lupien, Captain Art Johns, and Dick Grondahl, infielders, and Jo-Jo Soltz, Bob Gannett, and Rud Hoye, outfielders, the former Ohio Stater should be able to build a team which will more than hold its own in college circles.