Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

OUT OF THE WEST

And mighty warriors arose from the West, who slew the tiger. . . Those were the heroic days of 1903, when Chicago humbled proud Princeton and shattered the Big Three football monopoly. Then great Chicago teams vied with great Harvard teams in crushing all foes. But now football glories for both lie mainly in recollection, except for spasms of life when a Jay Berwanger comes to Chicago, a Barry Wood or a Dick Harlow to Harvard.

Two football teams lined up opposite each other this afternoon will mathematically symbolize other parallelisms than past football glories at times extinguished. For the two brightest galaxies in the entire academic firmament of American are those of Harvard and Chicago. Within the space of its short life, the latter has produced a Breasted for almost every Kittredge, a Millikan for a Whitehead. And if Harvard, regards, itself as the leader in educational, innovations, it may well wink at Chicago's introduction of quarterly sessions, of learn as-fast-as-you-can methods. Europe's unblessed--the great martyrs of Democracy--are divided equally; a Bruening to Harvard, a Benes to Chicago.

This afternoon there will be a consummation, a tangible demonstration of what is the greatest collegiate rivalry in America.