New Crimson Telephone Directory Will Be Distributed to All This Afternoon

Featuring Organizations List, It Contains 2,500 Names--Third Year

This afternoon approximately 2,400 copies of the 1938-39 annual CRIMSON Telephone Directory of Harvard College will be distributed free to each undergraduate suite and to University authorities.

Students not living in College buildings and others may obtain copies of the Directory for 25 cents at the CRIMSON building, or at the Coop.

For the third year in succession the CRIMSON is issuing a book the value of which is being proved more and more as the years go by. Ever since 1636 the need for such a Directory has been growing. Celebrating the Tercentenary in 1936, Harvard's only undergraduate newspaper produced the first Directory in November of that year.

This year, the Directory lists 2,500 numbers most of which belong to undergraduates. The remainder are allotted to resident instructors and graduate students living in College dormitories. Undergraduate commuters are listed, but no one else living outside is included. No student is listed under an entry phone in a dormitory, but the number of Yard building pay stations are given on a separate page.

New feature of this year's Directory is an extensive list of Harvard's clubs, fraternities, publications, and organizations, all on a separate page.

If there are any persons whose numbers appear incorrectly in the CRIMSON Directory, or whose names have been omitted, they should write or come in person to the CRIMSON Building, so that the mistakes may be rectified in a supplement, to be published, if necessary early in December.