Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

SPONSORS FOR PLAN E GUARD AGAINST FRAUD

LANDIS AND McLAUGHLIN CHECK ON PROPER VOTING

No pains were spared by the Committee for Plan E yesterday in an effort to keep election rules from being violated. "Watchers" were placed at each of the city's precincts last night to report and protest transgression of the rules. Many of them were students in the Law School.

James M. Landis, Dean of the Law School, made flying trips all over the city throughout the day checking up on practices at the various precincts. Sevven cases of violation of the rule requiring that solicitors at the polls should not stand nearer than 150 feet to the voting places were reported to the police after protests to stop this were not heeded by the precinct wardens.

Police showed little interest, however, and cars bearing huge anti-Plan E signs were allowed to park much nearer the booths than the legal limit.

Landis and George McLaughlin, counsel for Plan E, sat in the Committee's rooms during the night and early morning hours receiving calls from their lieutenants all over the city and dispatching relief to watchers to where they were needed.

The watchers serve more as a threat than anything else. The tabulators are loss inclined to temptation when they are present, particularly on a referendum on which many blank ballets were east which could easily be filled in.