Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Martin Reveals ' Change's Need of Self Policing Now

Young President Says Today's Exceptional Man Has Business Chance

Although the chances of college graduates as a whole to make good in the business world are becoming fewer, there is more chance for the exceptional man to rise to the top today than ever before, declared William M. Martin, Yale '28 and President of the New York Stock Exchange, in an interview last night at the Harvard Club of Boston.

With regard to stock market regulation, Martin would like "if anything less federal regulation, but more policing by the exchange itself." Martin, the youngest man over to become President of the New York Exchange, said that, compared to 1929, there is practically no speculation today; he added, however, that "nobody ever got anything without taking a chance."

Earlier in the evening Martin spoke to a large audience at the Harvard Club on "The New York Stock Exchange as a National Institute."

In his capacity as head of the largest exchange in the country, Martin has taken particular interest in the Stock Exchange Institute, a school which trains men between the ages of 16 and 35 for the brokerage business. In this Wall Street School the 1200 students learn the fine points of practical economics from outstanding authorities.