FIVE HOUSES TIED FOR LEAD IN BASKETBALL

WINTHROP UPSETS BELLBOYS AS ADAMS UPSETS DUNSTER

Five teams tied for the lead in inter-House basketball competition when Lowell and Dunster were upset in yesterday's games at the Indoor Athletic Building by Winthrop and Adams.

Adams, last year's champion, won its second straight game, beating Dunster by a score of 17 to 8.

Winthrop, beaten last week by Adams, came back to take Lowell 17 to 14. The Puritans led 10 to 8 at the half and held on to their narrow margin of victory to win. Joe Peden and George Clark scored four points apiece for Winthrop while Dick Story led the Bellboys with six points.

Five-Way Tie

Until yesterday Lowell and Dunster had been undefeated in competition. The results of yesterday's games throw the lead into a five way tie between Lowell, Dunster, Winthrop, Kirkland, and Adams.

Kirkland defeated Dudley 24 to 33 after being behind at the half. In the fourth game Leverett overcame Eliot by a narrow margin, 20 to 17. Joe Perry starred for the Elephants, who came from way behind, 16 to 6 at the half, to come near winning the game.