Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Deacons Defeat Elephant Nine to Hold House Lead

Clinch Tie For Indoor Base Championship; Score 53 Runs In Year

Kirland House's indoor baseball team clinched at least a tie, for the 1938-39 championship by beating Eliot yesterday afternoon at Briggs Cage by a score of 5 to 1.

Lowell, with games today and tomorrow, stands a chance of gaining a tie if they can win both their games, one with Dunster and one with Dudley.

In the second game yesterday, Leverett and Winthrop stood at 7 to 7 in the last half of the fifth inning when a Levereet batter broke the only available indoor bat. The game will be continued tomorrow.

The Deacons, playing errorless ball, held the Elephants scoreless till the sixth inning. Bernie Marks pitched for the winners, while Steve Madey hurried for Eliot.

Alan Gottlieb, Art Johns, and Jim Digel each got two hits out of the nine which the Kirkland team secured. Four Eliot, Charley Snyder gathered two hits out of two trips to the plate.

The game was not, however, as one sided as the score would indicate, for Eliot threatened to score in practically every inning.

The powerful Kirkland team has pounded out 53 runs in the course of the season while holding their opponents to 19.