Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Eliot House Christmas Play Amuses, Confuses Audience, Is Called "Rank"

Professor Merriman Takes Part Of Second Parson, Then Receives Protests

Protest began coming in to Roger B. Merriman '96, Master of Eliot House when a small group of Eliot House graduates who attended the play last night telephoned the Master and termed the play presented by the House dramatic society "rank".

"A Chaste Maid in Cheapside!" by Thomas Middleton, was the work chosen by the House Dramatic Society, but they promised that next year they would probably present a clean play. Next year will be one year too late, however, for last night protests began coming from the Watch and Ward Society, the W. C. T. U., the D. A. R., and G. P. U.

The plot of the play was somewhat confused, but it seemed to hold t he interest of the audience, which practically filled the spacious dining room. Sir Walter Blankhound was the little devil of the play. Many of his wives, etc., did not come from official sources, yet he was looking for still more. His fortunes came to an end and in that capacity put the official stamp of approval on several marriages.

Other star actors included Nelson Miles '40, J. Gordon Gilkey, Jr. '39, H. Lane Blackwell '39, Donald MacD. D. Thurber '40, Peter Waring '39, and John H. Gleason '30, instructor in History.