Crimson, Northeastern Track Squads Match Power in Pointless Dual Meet

High Jump Duel, Mascianica's 600, Another Running Meredith Highlight Contest

Northeastern Varsity and Freshman trackmen met the Crismon Jayvees and Yarldlings in an informal meet, first of the indoor season, Saturday afternoon. No point score was drawn up, and individual results were not issued to all papers.

As was forecast by Bill Noufeld, assistant coach, Daniel Miles captain of the Husky squad, and Bob Partlow '41, fought a pitched battle in the high jump event. Partlow cleared the bar at 6 feet 2 inches which is his consistently high mark. Miles vanquished him with a jump of 6 feet 4 inches a half inch short of the record he set as a Sophomore in 1936. Miles narrowly missed clearing 6 feet 6 inches.

A Meredith Rugs Again

Ted Meredith '42 followed the tradition of his father, a former Crimson star and Olympic champion, when he sprinted to win the 300 yard run by a good five yards, after trailing only 20 yards from the tape. Meredith's time was 35:2. Fred Ulen '39 and Holmes of the Huskies were clocked at 35:4.

Northeastern's Frank Mascianica outran John Sopka '42 in the 600. Mascianioa's time was 1:19; Sopka's 1:21:4. The Northeastern man holds the New England record for the 600, at 1:14:2.

Lookerby, of the Red and Black, loped through the 1000 yard run in 2:25:6, to boat out Fred Bradley '42 who clocked 2:32:2. In the three quarter mile run, Langdon Burwell '41 trailed Gallant of Northeastern. The winning time was 3:20:8; second was 3:20:4. Drevitch of Northeastern won the 880 with 2:07:0 running time, and Mead ran second with 2:12:16.

Ives Wins Broad Jump

On a poor runway, David Ives '41 won the broad jump with a leap of 10 feet 6 and three-quarter inches. Wiren of Northeastern was a close second at 19 feet, 5 inches. Steven Madey '40 cleared 12 feet to lead in the polevault. Andrew Rosenberger '41 and Otis Minot ocC, followed with 11 feet 6 inch soars.

Bob Shallow '40, hurled the 35 1b, weight 48 feet 3 and one-quarter inches to win that event for the Crimson. Gale of the black and red followed close with 47 feet 4 and one-quarter inches. Wiren putted the 16 1b. shot 41 feet 5 and one-half inches to better the mark of 39 feet 8 and one-half inches made by Art Mason '42, and take that event for Northeastern.