Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

A MATTER OF SPOTS

When Glenn Frank was made Chairman of a policy committee of the Republican Party, the public justifiably drew the conclusion that at long last glimmerings of liberalism were to be seen in the eye of the Grand Old Party. Recent election of many liberal Republicans apparently confirmed this impression. But around the dinner table just a short time ago there was transacted a bit of business which, if its full implications are realized, will throw real doubt on the proposition that the leopard has changed his spots.

The scene was a smoke-filled dining hall; the principal characters an ex-senator from Pennsylvania and a well-known, young liberal from New York; the occasion, an election to the Party Executive Committee. Supposedly because he attempted a "mercenary alliance with the American Labor Party" the liberal, Kenneth Simpson, was defeated; in his place ex-senator Hastings, a man so conservative as to make Herbert Hoover appear