Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the Writer, will names be withheld. Only letters under 400 words can be printed because of space limitation.)

To the Editor of the Crimson:

The action of the Corporation in voting twenty scholarships for refugee students has been universally applauded as a generous and constructive measure. However, these scholarships are contingent upon the raising of an equal amount of money by the Harvard Refugee Committee. The meeting planned for Tuesday night, with three prominent speakers, is naturally a splendid opportunity for persons interested in this drive to contribute.

But a Corporation rule prohibits "any solicitation or collection of money made in connection with the meeting without consent first obtained in writing from the office of the Corporation." Certainly the Corporation should give this consent to facilitate the collection of funds in a cause to which the Corporation itself has given its implied blessing. Otherwise a golden opportunity will be lost and the Undergraduate Committee hampered in raising funds to make the Corporation's own scholarships effective.