Messages by Wire . . .

In these dark days the unanimous indignation of America means a great consolation for all those who see the world threatened by the increasing ways of Nazi barbarism. I am deeply moved by the active manifestation of your generosity and wish you the most Impressive success and strong response all over the country --Thomas Mann.

Appreciate greatly your generous effort as an aid in emergency and has humanitarian attitude   --Albert Einstein.

Congratulate Harvard University and students on timely action. Hope this action will be widely influential in causing other institutions to take similar action. Hope your campaign will be successful.   --Herbert H. Lehmann.

You have my heartiest indorsement.   --Helen Hayes.

Glad to learn about your refugee scholarship plan. Heartily endorse.   Monsignor John A. Ryan.

The action of Harvard students and Harvard University in relief of German refugees gives encouragement to all who work for humanity. It is the most effective possible demonstration of America's will that freedom and justice shall be the right of all men.   --Arthur H. Compton

Glad to contribute $100.   --Walter Lippman.

The proposed Harvard refugee plan for German students is excellent. I wish all success to this worthy cause and send my congratulations to Harvard. Sincerely. . . . Frances Farmer.