SKI TEAM ANNOUNCES ITS 1939 WINTER PROGRAM

Squad Now Includes Hinton, Pierpont, Whittemore, G. Burton, Winship, L. Burton, Thurston

Featuring an H-Y-P. meet next spring, the schedule of the ski team was announced yesterday by manager David S. Stacey '40, the actual date of the meet has not been decided definitely but it will be between March 19 and April 16.

Stacey also announced a tentative nucleus for the team including four freshmen and two sophomores. The eight favored candidates are Captain William Hinton '41, John Pierpont '39, Dick Whittemore '40, Gale Burton '41, Tom Winship '42, Al Eipper '42, Lindley Burton '42, and Bill Thurston '42.

The Harvard Race open to all men in the University, will be held on Sunday, January 8. The first heat, in the morning, will be run off on Sherbourne Trail on Mt. Washington, while the second heat for the first twenty men will be held on Widener Trail in the afternoon.

Nosedive Trail at Stowe. Vermont will be the scene of the Eastern Championships on February 4 and 5.

The Dartmouth Winter Carnival will be held the next week, February 10 and 11. The Vermont Down Hill meet is slated for February 19; Captain William H. Hinton '41 won this meet last year.

The Hochgebirge race on Taft Trail, Cannon Mountain, will take place on March 4 and 5, while the Appalachian Mountain Club will held its meet on Wildcat Trail on March 12.

Graduates of the University are permitted to take part in the final meet of the season, the annual Harvard-Dartmouth slalom to be held on April 16. Each college picks a team of the best 20 men, students or graduates.

The team will be handicapped this year in its jumping practice as their former practice jump at Middlesex school blew down in the hurricane last September.