NINE STUDENTS TO ASK LABOR SURVEY BY FACULTY GROUP

Group Represents Coalition of Various Student Extra-Curricular Groups at Harvard

First student move in the tangled University situation, a committee of nine undergraduates joined together yesterday with an avowed purpose of securing an impartial Faculty investigation of the methods of intimidation used by the A. F. of L. and the "Inside" Union.

A coalition of various student organizations, the members of the committee include Laurence S. Levy 39, chairman, C. Colton Daughaday '38, Cleveland Amory '39, William L. Calfee '39, Ellsworth S. Grant '39, Samuel N. Hinckley '39, Robert H. Lane '39, George S. Vicreck, Jr. '39, and Langdon P. Marvin 41.

Regretting that he would be unable to participate in the work of the committee, Francis Keppel '38 said last night that he approved of the objectives of the group.

In a statement to the CRIMSON, Chairman Levy said, "There have been so many charges of intimidations and denials and counter charges on the part of both unions that students, Faculty, and employees alike are at a loss. We hope, by sponsoring this impartial investigation, to decide upon the truth of these charges and to make the position of the University unequivocally clear to the employees."