NATATORS COMPETE AGAINST COLUMBIA SWIMMERS TONIGHT

FRESHMEN MEET EXETER

By Charles N. Poliak ii

Hal Ulen's undefeated Varsity swimmers face Columbia team tonight which will constitute the most dangerous opponent to the Crimson since the Yale meet last year. The meet, scheduled for 8:30 in the Indoor Athletic Building, will be preceded by a Freshman-Exeter contest at 7:30 o'clock.

The fact that Yale, on February 5, defeated the Lions by a 48-27 score, plus the fact that Coach Ulen has estimated the final count to be about 49 to 26, shows fairly well how the Harvard-Columbia score will end up.

Against Yale, the Lions broke their own medley relay record with a 3:03.8 clocking. The Crimson mermen, against their last opponent, turned in 2:59 for the same event, without using Kendall or Hutter in the free-style leg. However, Columbia's Callahan, hashing out a smart 2:28 in the 200 breaststroke, will make a very formidable enemy for Dario Berizzi. It's hard to predict hove Fritz will come through, but according to the competitive spirit he's shown in the past and his impressive physical power, he will make Callahan work hard to win.

Rusty Greenhood and Loppy Forbush will dive for the Crimson, the latter having beaten Bob Snyder and George Dana yesterday in a dive-off for the second place on the team. The Lions have power in the sprints, too, but once again Captain Charlie Hutter and Don Barker will very likely out-class them.

A strong Exeter squad, starring Carter, sprinter, who has the 24.5 Exeter 50-yard record to his credit plus a 55 second 100, will make their meet with the Yardlings a see-saw affair similar to Wednesday's contest against Boston Boys' Club, which the Freshmen took, 38 to 28.