Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld. Only letters under 400 words can be printed because of space limitations.)

--

To the Editor of the Crimson:

According to Professor Gordon, Economics 26b, the accounting course, was offered because of popular demand. Persons desiring to take it are, however, debarred unless they have already taken Economics A. It seems hardly fair that instruction in college in this very useful subject should be limited to those who have had Economics A. If the method of teaching accounting here makes Economics A necessary to an understanding of the material, the course should be altered. People who have not had time to take it should not be prevented from getting a working knowledge of accounting by a mere regulation of this nature. Such a requirement is not made in the summer school. Surely it is equally unnecessary in the college. Very sincerely yours,   R. H. Bishop, III '38.