FOUR HARVARD MEN ARE RECIPIENTS OF THE HENRY AWARDS

Schlesinger Goes to Cambridge for a Year, the Rest Will Carry on Studies At Oxford

Four Harvard seniors are among the recipients of Henry Fellowships for study at Oxford or Cambridge next year, the American Trustees of the Fellowship announced today. Two from Yale and one from Princeton complete the list of the men winning the five hundred pound awards.

The recipients are Richard B. Tennant, Yale, of New York City; Charles N. Feidelson, Jr., Yale, of Birmingham, Alabama; Raymond J. Emrich, Princeton, of Denver, Colorado; and Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., Harvard, of Cambridge, all of whom will go to Cambridge University; John L. Dampeer, Harvard, of Cleveland Heights, Ohio; Albert Damon, Harvard, of Brookline; and John A. Moore, Harvard, of Clayton, Missouri, who will study at Oxford University.

Arthur Schlesinger

Schlesinger, a member of the Senior Class at Harvard, prepared for college at the Cambridge High and Latin School and at Phillips Exeter Academy. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and has been elected First Marshal of Phi Beta Kappa.

His field of concentration is History and Literature, and in his Sophomore year he won the Barrett Wendell Prize, which goes to the Sophomore in that field who has made the most notable progress during the year. He is on the Editorial Board of the Advocate and is a member of the Student Union.

John Dampeer

Dampeer, who graduated from the Cleveland Heights High School, has held one of the Harvard College National Scholarships throughout his four years an an undergraduate. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, is on the Student Council, and is second Marshal of Phi Beta Kappa.

In his Freshman year he was Captain of the Freshman basketball team and served on the Union Committee. He has been Librarian of the Glee Club for three years, is Chairman of the Senior Albub Committee, and is on the Varsity basketball team.

Albert Damon

Damon, who will receive the A. B. degree from Harvard this June, entered college from the Boston Latin School. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and is concentrating in Sociology. He was Business Chairman of the Freshman Red Book, has been a member of the Student Union and University Band, and has been on the Freshman and Varsity lacrosse teams.

John Moore

Moore entered Harvard College from Clayton High School, Missouri. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and last year he won the History and Literature Prize, which goes to the most promising Junior concentrating in that field. He was President of the Union Debating Society in his Freshman year and has been a member of the Debating Council for three years.