GOLDSTEIN CHOSEN TO WILLIAM JAMES CHAIR

Head of Lab. of Monteflore Hospital Is 1938-39 Lecturer on Philosophy, Psychology

Kurt Goldstein, M.D., head of the Neurophysiological and Psychopathological Laboratory of the Monteflore Hospital in New York has been appointed William James Lecturer on Philosophy and Psychology for the first half of 1938-39, it was announced yesterday. Dr. Goldstein is a graduate of Breslau University in 1903.

In addition the following appointments were announced at the same time:

From December 1937 to September 1, 1938: Eric G. L. Bywaters, of London, England, Research Fellow in Medicine.

From January 1 to September 1, 1938: Eugene R. Sullivan, of Fall River, Henry P. Walcott Fellow in Clinical Medicine. Adolph L. Sahs, of Iowa City, Ia., Research Fellow in Neurology.

Unto U. Uotila, Research Fellow in Physiology and in Anatomy, Volta R. Hall Jr., of Cleveland, O., Research Fellow in Psychiatry. James Y. Bogue, of London, England, Research Associate in the Fatigue Laboratory.

From February 1 to September 1, 1938: Philip C. Trexier, of South Bend, Ind., Research Fellow in Bacteriology, Joseph L. Lewis, of Dorchester, Assistant in Pediatrics.

Henry C. Marble, of Boston Assistant in Industrial Hygiene. William F. Dolan, of Arlington, Assistant in Industrial Hygiene. George W. Morse, of Brookline, Assistant in Industrial Hygiene.

For the second half of 1937-38; William MeH. Franklin, of Cincinnati, O., Instructor in Government and Tutor in the Division of History, Government and Economics. George S. McManus, of Wellesley, Lecturer on Music.