BILLS ON UNIVERSITY IMPARTIALITY POSTED

INVESTIGATING COUNCIL HOLDS BACK PROGRAM

As 100 posters, defining the University's labor policy "one of absolute non-interference and neutrality," went up in conspicuous places yesterday, the nineman student investigating committee lapsed into activity but preferred to keep its organization intact for another week.

After a conference with Business Manager Aldrich Durant '02, A. F. of L. organizer Robert L. Everitt announced that he would redouble his efforts to make the Building Service drive successful. He said he had called attention to evidence that propaganda postcards for the rival "inside" union had been printed by University presses.

He disclosed that permission had been given to distribute pamphlets on University grounds, and added that with Alan R. Sweezy '29, instructor in Economics and John B. Rackliffe, instructor in English, he was preparing a leaflet explaining the posters in detail and pointing out chief features of the A. F. of L.

Lawrence S. Levy '39, who last week headed a student delegation to petition inquiry into counter-charges between the two unions, said last night:

"The action of the University on displaying posters in conspicuous places should solve any question of intimidation.

"In order to be able to take effective action if the union drive should create new problems, the Committee has decided to remain intact."