Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Moviegoer

AT THE METROPOLITAN

Back on the platinum standard again, Jean Harlow, as an American chorine stranded in Europe for the World War, turns in a performance that should bring many old devotees of the once blondest siren back into the fold.

For "Suzy" has a good deal to recommend it. Cary Grant, Franchot Tone, as simultaneous husbands of the heroine, offer plenty of support--Lewis Stone makes a good father-in-law or if you need it, relief--to the movie. The love-plot is aided by the top-notch hit tune "Did I Remember," by now a bit past its prime, but nevertheless quite pleasant as Harlow sings it. And the plot, if improbable, is closely woven into an exciting story of spy intrigue and daredevil flying. Unaided by extravagant clothes to emphasize the Harlow curves, the movie is put over by clever acting and good dialogue.

As the heroine, Harlow relinquishes the role of the scheming vamp for that of a poor bewildered young thing with a heart of gold, victimized by the cruel force of circumstance. But fate at last turns, kills off her extra husband, gives her a part in saving his honor so that all ends for the best.

"Was it murder in the moonlight?" queries the preview. "Well, you'll find the answer in 'Moonlight Murder'." The reviewer did find the answer, and to save you all kinds of trouble and boredom, he'll tell you: it was murder, and in the moonlight, too.