Crimson Quint Rises Over Weekend As Sextet Drops

HARDING HIGH SCORER

Three goals in the last half of the third period permitted the University of Toronto Hockey team to break up a fairly close game and breeze to a 7-3 triumph over a hapless Crimson sextet Saturday afternoon at Toronto.

Crimson Tied at Fifth

Although Harvard's two losses to Queens and Toronto over the week-end failed to drop the Crimson in the International League standing, the Stubbsmen all but ended their chances of boosting their position in their three remaining league encounters, Harvard and Princeton are still in a fifth place tie, each having won two, lost four, and tied one.

Three Canadian Teams Tops

In fourth place is Dartmouth with four victories and three defeats. Three of the Canadian entries, McGill, Queens, and Toronto are virtually assured of the first three places in the League. McGill can retain the championship by a win or a tie in their last game. The Red Birds have won eight and lost one, whereas Queens have played all their games, emerging with eight victories against two defeats.

Harding, who also scored the first goal in the Queens game, lost no time in sending the Crimson off to a short-lived lead after 35 seconds of the first period. Just 15 seconds later Maynard tied the count for Toronto. The home team scored two more goals in the opening stanza to take a 3-2 lead. Mechem scored the Crimson's other goal with assists going to Hicks and Roberts.

Harding Scores Second

McIlquaham scored the only goal of the second period for Toronto. Four goals were scored in the last half of the final period with Maynard leading off at 11:42. Harding came up with his second of the afternoon less than a minute later. Morrison and Callon completed Toronto's string, the last tally coming at 19:15. The game was exceptionally clean with only two penalties being handed out.