NOMINATIONS MADE FOR NEW BROOKS HOUSE OFFICERS

Revised Constitution Provides for the Selection of Secretary-Treasurer from Student Council

Seven Juniors have been nominated for the position of President of Phillips Brooks House. The ballots are being sent out to the five hundred and seventy-three members of the Phillips Brooks House Association today and must be returned on or before March 7.

Under the new constitution each member will vote for two persons; the one receiving the highest number of votes will be president, the next highest vice-president. The secretary-treasurer will be chosen from the Student Council according to the new constitution.

This year, because of a new Cabinet policy, the election is being held a month earlier than in previous years to enable the officers-elect to assume their positions in the spring and thus have experience when the fall term opens.

The slate of nominees as they were announced by the Nominating Committee composed of Senior Cabinet of Phillips Brooks House is as follows:

Nathaniel Horton Batchelder, Jr. of Windsor, Connecticut and Eliot House, Freshman Committee and Chairman of the information Committee.

Edomond La Beaume Cherbonnier of St. Louis and Winthrop House, Social Service Committee.

Ellsworth Strong Grant of West Hartford, Connecticut and Eliot House, Editorial Chairman of the CRIMSON, Freshman Committee, and Senior Advisory Committee.

Irving Simon Michelman of Pittsfield and Leverett House, Social Service Committee.

Charles Tiffany Richardson, Jr. of New York and 20 Holyoke St., Assistant Chairman of the Social Service Committee.

Edward Holyoke Schoyer of Pittsfield and Leverett House, Freshman Committee and volunteer social service work.

Calvin Whitney Stillman of New York and Eliot House, Freshman Committee, Chairman of Library Committee, and Chairman of the old clothes and text book drive last fall.