STUDENT LEGISLATORS CLASH ON WAGNER ACT

HOUSE OUTLAWS SIT-DOWN STRIKE AS LABOR WEAPON

Unhampered by problems of patronage or pork-barreling, 20 mock-legislators last night hotly debated proposed amendments to the Wagner Labor Relations Act at the second session of the Harvard Congress in Winthrop Junior Common Room.

Despite a number of outbursts and some sporadic heckling from the left wing, where opponents to the amendments proposed by the majority of the Labor Committee were seated, the house for the most part adopted the provisions of the majority bill.

In the twelve minutes allotted to discussion of organization of the Congress, it was unanimously voted that the present unofficial committee on organization remain in office to draw up plans for placing the student forum on a permanent basis. The seven-man committee contains representatives from each of the four groups backing the Congress.

Among the amendments voted by the house were provisions prohibiting coercion of non-striking workers by strikers, and outlawing the sit-down strike as a labor weapon. Another measure adopted granted employers to "petition the NLRB for an election to determine the collective bargaining unit in his plant."