Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Malcolm MacLean To Give Inglis Lecture on Secondary Education

Will Talk On "Scholars, Workers, and Gentlemen" on February 23 In Fogg Museum at 8 o'clock

Dr. Malcolm S. MacLean, Director of the General College of the University of Minnesota, has been chosen to deliver the annual public Inglis Lecture in Secondary Education, under the auspices of the Graduate School of Education, Dean Henry W. Holmes announced today. He will speak on Wednesday, February 23, at 8 o'clock in the Fogg Museum on the subject of "Scholars, Workers and Gentlemen," discussing contemporary educational conflicts in the United States and the type of educational structure likely to emerge from these conflicts.

MacLean has taken a leading part at the University of Minnesota in the development of an unique program designed to meet the interests and needs of the increasing numbers of young people who seek an education above the secondary level, but different in purpose and content from that of the conventional four-year college. The General College at Minesota has taken the form of a separate college with methods, curricula, and organization especially designed to serve its particular group of students.

The lecture was founded in honor of Professor Alexander Inglis, of Harvard, who died in 1924.