Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

VARSITY QUINTET FACES HARD GAMES

Successive Contests With Cornell and Columbia May Show Up Lack of Varsity Replacements

Driving hard for the second half of the basketball season, Coach Wes Fesler's charges have a hard schedule to look forward to in the Eastern Intercollegiate Basketball league. Some real tough games are in prospect on which will depend the present standing of the Crimson.

Always hard to overcome the midyear layoff and get the team back to game pitch, Fesler has really been working the netmen in the last few practices. New plays to spruce up the offence and work on a tighter defence have been the order of the day, while general conditioning has also been emphasized.

Yale Game

The first game for the hoopmen will not come until February 12, when the team travels to New Haven to engage with Yale. Besides the incentive of its being a league game, the Crimson will really be out to win, for it has been many a day since the club took a series from the Eli basketball five, and this is beginning to look like the year to do it. Yale has regularly been taking the rap in league contests, although their recent defeat of Army makes things look much more ominous.

After Yale the quintet has something really on their hands, namely the games with Cornell and Columbia on successive nights, February 18 and 19. The team has run into nothing like this previously in the season and it is here that the question of whether the lack of reserves will handicap the Fesler-men will once and for all be answered.

Lowman in Form

With the return of Red Lowman in form as shown by the Princeton game before exams, it looks as though he had once more secured his position from the threats of Fred Heckel, who, however should be watched closely in the coming games. The rest of the lineup, Struck, Lupien, Lutz, and Herrick will remain unchanged.