1941 PUCKSTERS FACE POWERFUL EXETER SIX

HODDER WORRIED BY LACK OF STICKHANDLERS

With a string of nine victories to their credit, the undefeated Yardling sextet meets Exeter, winter of the Lake Placid hockey tourney, this afternoon on Arena ice at 2:30 o'clock.

Starting for the Crimson are Captain Prentie Willetts at left wing; Stacey Hulse, right wing; and Bob Cox at conter. Behind the blue line will be defensemen San Gray and Larry Butt, with George Hanford in the nets.

Crucial Test

Although the Yardlings have an imposing number of victories, Coach Clark Hodder is not overly optimistic. Exeter has defeated a strong Yale Freshman team 4-1, and has held the Dartmouth Freshmen to a three goal margin in addition to winning the Lake Placid meet.

Hodder's charges, on the other hand, have not played any outstanding teams. Today's clash with the Academy prepsters will make or break their claims to a successful season and they will have their hands full with Dan Stuckey and the Sloane brothers.

Stickhandlers Scarce

As yet they have shown little real hockey sense, playing rather poorly against weak outfits. However, against stronger teams, such as St. Paul's and Andover, they have shown definite improvement.

Speed is one department in which Hodder is not worried. The Freshmen have displayed it frequently in games and practice sessions. It is the apparent lack of good stickhandlers which troubles him most.

In general, the Yardlings remain an unknown quantity, not having yet encountered a team strong enough to press them hard. Since the start of the season, they have improved steadily from what appeared to be a very poor outfit to one which has a good present record.