Bolles, Love Deliver Crew Talks to Yardling Oarsmen

Freshman Coach Outlines Training Schedule for March

Eighty Yardling oarsmen last night listened to Harvey Love, Freshman crew coach, emphasize the need for training. At the same meeting, which was held at seven o'clock in the Upper Common Room of the Union, Tom Bolles, Varsity crew coach, expressed his hope that the Harvard crew would make the 1940 Olympics.

"Strict training will start on March 1, 15 rowing days away," said the first speaker. Love. "We start rowing on the river in four or five weeks; so keep in training and try to get eight hours sleep every night. I like the spirit shown so far. We are going to do our best to keep Harvard on top in rowing."

Love then announced that starting Monday crew lists lists will be posted. Varsity oarsmen will use the tank on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. All Freshmen can use the tank on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They can also squeeze in ahead of the Varsity on the other days if they come before 3 o'clock.

Veteran Tom Bolles advised the Yardlings to take a look at the Varsity and remember the 1940 Olympics. "The bulk of next year's Varsity is very apt to be composed of Sophomores'," he said.