Five Dollars Will Get a Harvard Man Keys to New York in Spring Vacation

Typical Day Starts With Visit To City Markets, Ends With Paradise Girl

Unique is the opportunity offered Harvard undergraduates and others to spend their Easter vacation at a $5 "Open House" program in New York City. Such was the gist of a circular received from one Clara Thornhill Hammond, styled "Director of the House-party."

"We give you the keys to the city and you do as you please," reads the circular announcing the event. A "typical program day" is presented the reader. It's really quite a day, since it starts at 4:30 A.M. with a visit to the City Markets, where you will be able to meet personally one Mr. Gannon, Deputy Commissioner.

Etchings?

At 9:00 A.M. you visit Leize Rose in her studio and see her Photo Fabric and Murals and perhaps some etchings. World's Fair site, Art Institute of Light, Housing projects, this and more is on the card for the morning.

Jerry Ohrbach himself is your host for lunch, and he's going to tell you about "retail accounting as done for the masses." 2:15 is set aside for Mayor La Guardia, 4:00 for John R. Powers and his Model Agency, and so on and so on.

Teatime is a real treat. You actually come face to face with one Mrs. Hortense Odium, who is going to take you "behind the scenes" at Bonwit Teller. Lowell Thomas, the Herald Tribune, Radio City Music Hall, they're all waiting for you.

Big Apple?

At 11 P.M. you will go to the Paradise Restaurant, where none other than Hope Chandler, immortalized on the cover of Life magazine a couple of months ago, will welcome you. If you've got a dime you might even be able to work in a quick Big Apple or two.

Among the list of "prominent men and women who have set aside a definite time to meet you" we see all sorts of familiar names. Gregor Piatigorsky, John Barbirolli, Emily E. Connor and others prominent in social circles are listed. Write to secretary Ellen Webster, Wellesley '35, at the Hotel Biltmore for further particulars or call the CRIMSON any Sunday morning.