Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

COUNCIL TURNS DOWN CONVENTION DEMAND

KIRSTEIN GOES BEFORE COUNCIL TO PRESS PETITIONERS' CASE

Declaring that "it is now too late to call a convention" to deal with the question of changes in the Senior election procedure, the Student Council last night declined to accept the demands of the Committee for Electoral Reform. The group's demands were supported by 127 Senior signatures.

All Council members who have been nominated to run for positions in the second Senior election next week took no part in the decision of the Council.

William A. Kirstein '38, of the Committee, appeared before the Council at their meeting last night to support the demand for a convention, and to explain the Committee's position.

The complete statement issued by the Council follows:

The Council regrets that the Committee on Electoral Reform did not present its petition before the Senior Class Elections had begun. Since the Committee has indicated to the council that it approved the nominations for the second elections, the proposed Senior Convention could only add names which could have been done by petition and possibly recommend changes in the electoral system.

"The Council feels that it is too late now to call a convention to deal with these objects.

"The Council suggests that the Committee present definite recommendations which will be considered before any elections following the second Senior election. It also suggests that any one interested formulate written changes and present them to the Council."