STEADMAN DECLINES TO COMMENT ON YEAR BOOK

Has Referred Entire Matter to Faculty Committee Investigating the Alleged Misrepresentation

Charles W. Steadman 3L, editor of the Law School Year Book, who realized a personal profit of $1750 on the book's publication, yesterday declined to comment on the controversy, pending the investigation of a especially appointed faculty committee.

"I have referred the entire matter to the informal Faculty committee on the Year Book," Steadman stated, "until the results of the investigation are revealed, I have nothing further to say."

Friends of Steadman in the Law School were quick to defend his allegedly unethical actions in connection with the Year Book's publication. They claimed that the book was Steadman's brain child, that he had done most of the work to make it possible, and that the men on the Year Book staff whose work went unrequited were first and second year men who would have their chance to reap profits next year.

As to the reported profit of $3.10 on each copy of the $5.00 book, Steadman's supporters claimed that the selling price of the volume had been decided up on long before the costs of producing it had been known.