Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Varsity Swimming, Basketball Conclude Best Season

Daughaday Beats Tiger's Captain for Third Place as Lehigh Wins Tournament

True to all predictions of sports observers Captain Johnnie Harkness came home not only with the Eastern intercollegiate championship to his credit in the 175-pound class but also with the coveted Coaches' Trophy for the best wrestler in the meet.

Harkness gained the title by almost pinning Ross Shaffer of Penn State whom he had already defeated once before this year. The talent award was made by a unanimous decision of referees and judges.

Tying up his victim so completely that he had to carried off the mat, Bill Daughaday in the 165-pound division floored Captain Mouse Emory of Princeton for third place in his competition.

Harvey Ross in the 118-pound class was eliminated in the first round by Fashay of Princeton, while Tudor Gardiner in the heavyweight bout, Art Page in the 135-pound division and Bill Goslin in the 145 were also eliminated early in the meet.

Lehigh was the ultimate victor in the tournament, being closely followed by Princeton, Yale, Penn State and Harvard in that order.

Harkness, who has brought the Coaches' Trophy to Cambridge for the first time is expected to take part in the National Championship meet on March 25 and 26. The bout will be held at Penn State, where the Keystone wrestlers felled Johnsonmen, 17-11, earlier in the season.