Lupien Only Crimson Man on All-League Aggregation

Lutz, Herrick, Struck and Lowman Gain Honorable Mention, Complete List For Feslermen

Polling five votes, Ulysses Lupien, captain-elect of the basketball team, was the only member of the Crimson quintet to place on one of the first two Ivy League all-star teams selected by the Sports Editors of seven newspapers of the circuit colleges.

Lupien was named guard on the second five, while four other Varsity men gained honorable mention. Charlie Lutz received three votes, John Herrick two, and Captain Vernon Struck and George Lowman one apiece.

Poll Conducted by Pennsylvanian

The papers which joined in the annual poll which was held by The Daily Pennsylvanian, were The Columbia Spectator, the Cornell Sun, the Daily Dartmouth, the Harvard CRIMSON, the Princetonian, and the Yale News, in addition to the Pennsylvanian.

The Dartmouth champions placed two on the first five, Captain Bill Thomas at forward and Joe Batchelder, guard. Columbia with Captain Johnny O'Brien at guard, Cornell with Co-Captain Carl Wilson, center, and Pennsylvania with Captain Bob Dougherty, forward, were the other schools to gain first team berths.

Two Unanimous

With all the members of the first quint except Batchelder captains, only two, O'Brien and Thomas, were unanimous choices of the seven editors.

Second team awards went to Tom Rich of Cornell and Johnny Meyerholz of Princeton, forwards, Penn's center, Roy Menzel, and guards Tom Macioce of Columbia and Lupien. Although Tony Mischo and Johnny Vruink were tied for forward with Meyedholz, the latter got the nod since he had been twice named for first team honors.

Both Vruink and Lutz were hampered by playing in only part of the league tests this season. As a result some of the editors didn't see either of the two in action and some saw them only once. According to Wayne B. Barr, Columnist of the Pennsylvanian, Lutz rated a first team position.