LEAGUE STARS SWIM AT HARVARD TODAY

STARTS THIS AFTERNOON

Star tank performers from all over the east will compete tonight in the first annual individual championships of the Eastern Intercollegiate Swimming League. 17 colleges will enter mermen in the events which begin this afternoon at 2 o'clock in the Harvard pool.

This afternoon's competition will consist of trial heats in the 50 free-style and 220 free-style, with an exhibition by qualifying divers. There is an exceptionally fine field in the 50, with Charlie Hutter, White, of Bowdoin, Williams, of Penn, league high scorer, and Van Oss, of Princeton competing.

Hutter and Willie Kendall and Eli Captain Macionis will meet in the 220, either in the trial heats, or in the finals, held this evening at 8:30 o'clock. Their meeting promises to be the closest event of the whole meet, as Hutter's best time is but four-tenths of a second better than Kendall's.

Also on schedule for this evening are the finals in the 50, 150 backstroke, 300 medley relay, and low-board diving. In the latter event will be found competitors who are all about equally good. Rusty Greenhood, Dan Edweiss, Bill Danforth, Ed Gibson, and Harry Cranston are entered in the springboard classic.