Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

RUSSIAN SHOW OPENS

Exhibit of Soviet Architecture and City Planning at Robinson Hall

A major exhibition of architecture and city construction in the Soviet Union will be held in Robinson Hall from Monday, March 21, through April 2.

This exhibition, which has been organized by the American Russian Institute, comprises about one hundred photographs, maps, and drawings illustrating not only the development of recent architectures throughout the Soviet Union, but also the progress which has been made in the planning of cities.

Complete plans of the reconstruction of Moscow are included, with dramatic illustrations of the new streets, water ways, parks, new typical block plans for housing, the new subway and subway stations, and the new Moscow River embankment. Housing developments in several cities are also illustrated and the plans of construction in many other cities, including the agricultural cities of Zernograd and Kirovsk.

Of great interest to the architect are the illustrations of recent Soviet architectures; both constructivism and formalism are illustrated and there are some examples of buildings in the revived classical tradition, characteristic of recent government architecture.