POLOISTS TRIP TIGERS 10-9 IN SPEEDY CLASH

COACH SARGENT CONFIDENT FOR INTERCOLLEGIATES

In the fastest game of the season, Captain Chester Sargent's malletmen thundered up from behind in the last chukker to overtake an unexpectedly speedy Tiger aggregation on the Commonwealth Armory tanbark Saturday night. The final score was 10 to 9.

Spotting the Princeton team two goals on the basis of past performances, the unbeaten Crimson team of Captain Skiddy Von Stade, Gay Dillingham, and Ben Forbes fought an uphill battle all the way. The unexpected arrival of Captain Bob Eisner from his home in Indiana bolstered the Orange and Black, the best-mounted team the Poloists have crossed mallets with this year.

Visitors Lead

As the teams went into the last chukker the visitors led 8 to 5. After pulling up to an 8 to 8 deadlock, the Crimson slipped behind on Riggs' fore hander, but Forbes tied the count again with Ven Stade tallying the final goal.

High-scorer was the Crimson captain, with four goals; he was closely trailed by Forbes, Dillingham, and Eisner with three apiece.

Coach Sargent was pleased with trio's improved team work, and looks forward with some confidence to the intercollegiates which begin Saturday. First obstacles in the Poloists path is Pennsylvania Military Academy. Other colleges entered are Princeton, Yale, Army, Cornell, and Kenyon Military College.